Starting from scratch in an elite fitness-blog-world full of expensive gear, and Personal Records she couldn't beat with a car.

Friday, October 12, 2012

No plan survives contact with enemy

I went out for a run just now.

It was too late, Garmin batteries too dead, and I was too cold, too headachey, too hungry, too tired, too shin splintey, and too stiff.... and I didn't care enough about ANY of that to stop me for one second.

Until I got about two blocks in and my left knee went:

"SERIOUSLY WOMAN? Are you an idiot? Do you need it in sky writing? GO HOME!!!"

(Knees are a touch overly fond of all caps I think.)



So in case anyone was wondering, the knees are apparently running the show here.

I will say though, catching that bit of sunset was TOTALLY worth it. I'm very sorry I didn't get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment